9.11.14

Twelve Things: September's New Job

As the year is drawing to a close, I am quite impressed with myself that I have been able to keep up with doing something new each month. Sometime it's planned, other times I think "oh that fits the bill quite well" and September would adhere to the latter.

After a number of years on and off at my old practice I decided it was time for pastures new. When you've made friends and learned a great deal, it's a hard decision to go, but career wise it was time for a change. So in September I started at a new, much smaller architecture studio, both excited and nervous, but definitely ready to learn, learn, learn.

For me the most exciting thing is getting to go on site to see what you have designed and worked on come to life, off the page or computer screen, and become a living, breathing building that people are going to occupy. Every day I'm learning something new, and well as bringing parcels of my existing knowledge to the equation, and really enjoying the challenge everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment