10.7.14

Twelve Things: July's Party

We were yet to make the most of our little flat in Brixton, so my birthday was a great excuse to throw a party. It's the ground floor of a Victoria terrace and we are lucky to have the run of the garden so a garden party was in order... but we do live in England after all. Good weather isn't guaranteed. True to form, rain was forecast and so the garden had to come inside.

To get inspired I started a board on Pinterest, and I loved the balloon installations and festoon lighting. Over the weeks before I collected jam jars to create hanging lanterns for outside, but the weather meant we kept them inside and instead we sipped prosecco out of them - how trendy! I'm still going to give the lantern project a go, but in the meantime they're fantastic as little vases.

Somehow a pink and yellow theme spontaneously emerged and it was seen in the cups and plates, flowers and balloons. I was up early on the day to get baking: lemon drizzle cake, rose and strawberry Victoria sponge, chocolate and raspberry and tea-infused cupcakes. Dan was in charge of the savoury goods: handmade pigs in blankets, sausage rolls and pizza fingers.

I had a great night and the summer is only half way through, so I hope next time we can get out in the garden and have a dinner party out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment