27.5.14

Columbian Flowers

Hyacinth are my favourites at the moment, their distinctive scent and how I remember them potted in Nanna and Pop's kitchen when I was little. I bought this beautiful mixed bunch, which is further blooming in front of me with lilac and fuschia petals, from Columbia Road Flower Market on Sunday morning. This little street in East London was teaming with people, flourishing with colour and smells of herbs. Not one of us five girls can profess a horticultural expertise but there was so much to be tempted by and a lot of new names of varieties to be learned. I picked up some basil, coriander and parsley to add to the herb garden, and Jess bought daisy-like argyranthemum and kindly gave me a pot too! And the flowers are just one part of the draw of Columbia Road - there's a wealth of little shops I've yet to explore, so will definitely be back and perhaps even earlier next time to avoid the crowds.

No comments:

Post a Comment